Friday, 30 May 2008

Buenos Dias

This blog was born on the necessity to express my true feelings and general observations. For the last couple of months I have been living and observing the habits of the British.  I have learned many things--some good and some obviously bad.  I moved to this country in September 2007 and since then it has been a roller coaster.  I have met people of different backgrounds, have had my dosage of scandalous moments, but most of all I lost myself and now I am finding myself again.  Not one to ever keep my mouth shut, I've learned that my friends (?) here do not appreciate my honesty.  I have learned to keep my mouth shut.  I know, it is rather shocking.  I am tired of keeping my thoughts to myself, so in sense, this is my therapy.

Moving to the UK was a lifelong dream.  I will never forget the morning of 8 September when the wheels of the plane kissed the pavement of London Heathrow.  The smile on my face said it all.  I worked hard to get here.  Once the stamp was in my passport, I never looked back.

This blog was also founded on the premise of telling people what I have learned and what I have observed.  Granted, it is a bit lazy to do it this way than sending an email, but I am popular with the people, so this just makes things easier.  I am not going to recap the last 9 months--too many stories to tell, many of which, sadly, should be left untold.  The next three months will be hectic--I am writing a dissertation and looking for a job.  As of this moment, I do not know where I will be on 1 September 2008.  Instead, I will intertwine stories from the past 9 months with everyday occurrences of my very important daily happenings.  

Most of the postings will cover my 27th year of life here on Earth.  It was interesting and I have a feeling it will only get better.  I've spent most of the year reconciling the fact that I am getting older and it is starting to show.  I've also spent the year wondering if I am getting wiser or just simply apathetic.  I guess the question that remains to be answered is:  do we just get older or do we somewhere process get wiser?  They key is to do both.  

We will soon find out if this has been the case.

1 comment:

Liz Entwhistle said...

wiser or apathetic....maybe we're just learning to care about the things that are truly significant and cutting out the bs.